Now, McDonald's reportedly hopes to lure hip-hop artists to drop references to Big Macs into their rhymes.
Though it's not offering money upfront, the fast-food giant is willing to pay rappers $1 to $5 each time songs with the plug hit the radio, according to today's Advertising Age. McDonald's hopes to have its signature sandwich in several songs by summer, the mag says.
And it looks like the plan just might boost sales, some McDonald's customers said yesterday.
"If 50 Cent says so, they're gonna buy so many Big Macs," predicted Kai Davis, 27, a customer service rep and Jay-Z fan from the Bronx. "[Rappers] have a big influence."
"Anything they say, people are going to do," added 16-year-old Benji Lusena of Harlem.
But ofcourse! Because jumping into your pimped out ride to go get some cheap, processed food is livin' large!
Apparently, Kimora Lee Simmons (Russel Simmons' wife) had a TV show - "Life & Style" (who knew?). Well, that show has now been canned and the juicy details of Kimora's on the set "diva behavior" is coming out:
* Kimora missed 35 episodes and gave wild excuses — like being in extended mourning for her dead cat.
* Kimora's husband, hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons, was a repeated on-set nuisance who nagged producers to give his wife a bigger role.
* Kimora called the other hosts — Jules Asner, Cynthia Garrett and Lynne Koplitz — "bitches and hos" and once berated a Teleprompter operator so badly that he quit on the spot.
* She stole props such as lamps and once made off with an entire rack of lamb from the lunch buffet table. Staff routinely had to be dispatched to the sticky-fingered star's dressing room in order to recover the pilfered booty.
* She forced producers to hire her and Russell's friends for costly no-show jobs, like a celebrity booker for $2,500 a week who never booked a single boldfaced name.
* The statuesque former model also threatened to beat up an eight-month pregnant assistant, prompting weary producers to send the woman home to avert trouble.
* But perhaps the lowest point came when she supposedly had donuts delivered to the set, then licked each and every one so nobody else could eat them.
Stealing lamb and hoarding donuts? By the way, Russell Simmons is worth about $500 million.
A Yemeni immigrant who was discharged from the U.S. Air Force after expressing sympathy for Osama bin Laden following the Sept. 11 attacks faces trial next week on accusations of lying to land a job as an airport screener.
Sadeq Naji Ahmed, 25, a former airman at Eglin Air Force Base in Pensacola, Fla., faces up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine if convicted of making false statements on a questionnaire to get a job with the Transportation Security Administration at Detroit Metropolitan Airport.
Hmmm... This guy actually worked as a baggage screener after his discharge from the military. Feeling safe yet?
An Elmont man's request for a "threesome" led to his getting his face slashed by the boyfriend of one of the women in his sexual fantasy, cops said.
The knife attack Sunday night inside the Jerk Hut Express restaurant in Elmont stemmed from a remark made hours earlier by Furman Walker, 18, and overheard by his attacker, Pierre Delpeche, police said.
Slashing aside... Jerk Hut Express?? Sounds like a good name for a massage parlor, not a restaraunt.
The King of Pop appeared zonked on meds, half-starved and headed for a complete meltdown as he was practically carried into the courtroom yesterday after again showing up late - this time with his doctor in tow.
The Daily News's offer to pay out $1 million to thousands of duped "Scratch and Match" players won't even cover the contest's two top "winners," a Bronx father-of-four and a Brooklyn man who hold a total of $1.1 million in winning cards.
Alfred Lenquan, who should have won $500,000 in the Daily News' promotion, was outraged by the paper's latest lame offer.
"It's nothing. We don't want that," said Lenquan, who has five cards he thought were each worth $100,000 when he followed the rules, only to later learn that the paper printed the wrong number.
Sickening new details in the sex-harassment case against popular Brooklyn Tech teacher Steven Ostrin, of Hewlitt, L.I., also include the father of two allegedly asking the girl how much she loved him and kissing and touching her inappropriately during a private encounter in his classroom March 2, the sources said.
At one point, Ostrin told the teen that if the pair weren't going to "exchange bodily fluids," she could "cook jerk chicken" for him, the sources said.
Ostrin denied the charges to The Post when reached at his home yesterd
Why make her "cook jerk chicken", when he can just take her to the Jerk Hut Express?
MICHAEL Jackson can't catch a break. "The Simpsons" creator, Sam Simon, went on Howard Stern's radio show yesterday and shared a weird memory of when Jacko was a guest star on the animated series, lending his voice to a mental patient with a shaved head. As recalled by Simon, Jackson demanded the script be changed so his character could spend more time with Bart. So Simon gave Jackson a scene where he spends the night alone with Bart in his room. Simon added that during the voice recording, someone gave Jackson a giant Bart Simpson doll — and that when he thought no one was looking, Jackson started to kiss the doll.
Michael Jackson is truly sick in the head. I can't believe his obsession with little boys extends to cartoon characters.